The Invoice Fetch submission method allows Receipt Bank to automatically download recurring bills and invoices from supplier websites.
This means that you don’t have to spend any more time logging into each individual supplier portal, finding your documents and downloading them before you submit them to Receipt Bank. Instead, Receipt Bank will automatically check each of your authorised suppliers once a week and add any new documentation straight to the inbox.
To set up Invoice Fetch:
- Click the ‘Add Items’ menu of a client’s account.
- ‘Click here to connect suppliers’ in the Invoice Fetch window.
- Click on the ‘Browse Suppliers’ tab.
- Use the search bar to locate suppliers to connect to Invoice Fetch (or browse our full list of supported suppliers).
- Use the login details for the supplier portal to authenticate the connection (if you’re an Accountant or Bookkeeper setting up Invoice Fetch for a client, you will need to use your clients’ login credentials or ask them to set up the Fetch connection themselves).
- Select whether to import all historical documents hosted on the supplier portal, or only those created in the last 30 days.
- Navigate to the ‘Connected Suppliers’ tab of the ‘Invoice Fetch’ page. Use this screen to edit any of the details associated with a connection, or delete it.
After the initial set up, Fetch will collect any documents already present in the supplier portal and post them to the client’s inbox within 48 hours. Following that, Receipt Bank will check for and download any new documentation from the supplier portal on a weekly basis.
Occasionally your Fetch connection can be disrupted (e.g. if you change your password or set up 2-factor authorisation). If this occurs, a warning message will be clearly displayed in the ‘Connected Suppliers’ page with instructions on how to resolve the issue.