Linking your Receipt Bank account with Sage Accounting has been made as simple as possible, to allow you to get on with the issues important to your business.
1. Linking two accounts
Integrating Receipt Bank and Sage Accounting is easy but for getting a clear view you can follow our step-by-step guide here.
- For a start navigate to your ‘Account settings’ menu.
- Open the ‘Integration’ tab.
- Click on ‘Modify’ and follow the steps.
Once you have sent an item to your Receipt Bank account, we process it and extract the key data from it. There are also some fields, where you can set rules about so you don’t have to manually fill them.
Once all the data is in, you can export the item into these destinations:
- "Supplier Invoice" for the items that are still unpaid. This is the option we would suggest you use as default in your Account Settings menu:
- ‘Bank Transaction' for items that have already been paid. To have this as an option, make sure you have set up your payment methods first (or have a look at STEP 3 below).
To publish into each one, please open the item in your Receipt Bank account to see its menu. On your right hand side you can see a list of options. In the drop down menu labeled ‘Publish to’, select ‘Purchase Invoices’ (it is selected by default) or ‘Other Expense’ (which will export the item as ‘Other Payment’ in Sage Accounting and can be located under the ‘Suppliers’ tab).
Or you can set automatic supplier rules.
3. Manage your payment methods:
To send an item as paid there needs to be a payment method attached.
The system will pick up payment methods if they are printed on the receipt or invoice. To set up, please follow these instructions.
You can also set a rule that all invoices from a supplier are paid. To do this head to your supplier tab, pick a supplier and change paid to yes.
4. Manage your tax settings:
Remember to visit the Integration tab once again to select a default tax rate. This is important as you won't be able to publish otherwise.