Linking your Receipt Bank account with Xero has been made as simple as possible, to allow you to get on with the issues important to your business.
1. Linking two accounts
Integrating Receipt Bank and Xero is easy but for getting a clear view you can follow our step-by-step guide here.
- For a start navigate to your ‘Account settings’ menu.
- Open the ‘Integration’ tab.
- Click on ‘Modify’ and follow the steps.
Once you have sent an item to your Receipt Bank account, we process it and extract the key data from it. There are also some fields, where you can set rules about so you don’t have to manually fill them.
Once all the data is in, you can export the item into each of the three Xero sections:
- Purchases made by the business using company money get sent to ‘Purchases’ section.
- Expenses claims: When an employee needs to be reimbursed for items purchased using their money.
- Bank accounts: If you work on a cashbook basis, send items here.
To publish into each one, please open the item in your Receipt Bank account to see its menu. On your right hand side you can see a list of options. In the drop down menu labeled ‘Publish to’, select ‘Purchases’ (generally it is selected by default), ‘Bank Accounts’ or ‘Expenses claims’. This will export the bill to the selected section in Xero.
Or you can set automatic supplier rules.
3. Manage your payment methods:
To send an item as paid there needs to be a payment method attached.
The system will pick up payment methods if they are printed on the receipt or invoice. To set up, please follow these instructions.
You can also set a rule that all invoices from a supplier are paid. To do this head to your supplier tab, pick a supplier and change paid to yes.
And you can find more information about Xero in our Help Centre.