Here we will show you how to use your Receipt Bank account and experience its benefits on your own!
We suggest though getting in touch with an accountant who can give you more specialised advice on small business bookkeeping.
There could be multiple reasons why you might not want to integrate with a cloud accounting software:
- you’re using a desktop version,
- you prefer to give access to your accountant/bookkeeper to your Receipt Bank,
- you don’t find the most suitable software for your needs,
- any others
Here are the steps:
1. You (and your employees) send in your items.
2. We extract the key data from them.
3. And you can find them in your ‘Inbox’.
5. Once done, you can move them to your Archive*.
You can set up a rule on Archiving items: from the ‘Account settings’ menu under the ‘General’ tab in the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you can move the items one by one. Simply select the item(s), click on the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Move to Archive’:
When integrated your ‘Categories’, ‘Payment methods’, ‘Clients, etc. are pulled across the accounting software.
This is why in your ‘Maintain lists’ tab in ‘Categories’, you’ll be presented by a ‘Simple’, ‘Comprehensive’ and ‘FW Accounting category’ list.
And under ‘Clients’, ‘Projects’ and ‘Payment methods’ tabs you’ll be able to create your own lists.
7. And if you would like to grant access to your accountant or bookkeeper:
Head to your ‘Account settings’ menu and open the ‘Account details’ tab.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit 'Give access to your accountant’. Then follow the steps.