This feature is only available on Optimize partner accounts, or Extract and Streamline accounts with the Targeted Communication add-on package.
Outstanding Paperwork instantly identifies transactions in your client’s Bank Feed that do not have supporting documentation. You can create a summary report of the documents that your clients need to submit, and send it directly to them in a variety of formats
This feature is available for client accounts integrated with Xero or Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
You can create an Outstanding Paperwork report in the following ways:
Click any of the metrics in the ‘Outstanding Paperwork’ section of the Client View. [You must have a client integrated with Xero or Sage for this column to appear]
Click the ‘Missing Paperwork’ icon displayed in the top-left of the Client Inbox. [The client account must be integrated with Xero or Sage for this icon to appear]
1. This will open a complete list of those items that need to be reconciled, but haven’t been submitted to Receipt Bank or aren’t already somewhere in the integrated accounting software (e.g. in drafts).
2. Enter any notes or queries you have about the items..
3. Use the Advanced search option to filter by bank account, date range or amount so that you can quickly customize the report for specific outstanding items that you need, ahead of sending it to your client.
4. Tick the checkboxes next to those transactions for which you’d like to inquire with your client then hit the “Share” button.
5. You get the options to download a CSV spreadsheet, a PDF file, or a Google Sheet with the selected list of unsubmitted items that you can easily email to your client with your notes included. More importantly, you can send the list straight to their mobile device with the option “Send to Phone”.
6.Once sent, your client will receive a push notification on their mobile device notifying them that an Outstanding Paperwork report is now available. This allows them to quickly review and submit the requested items, all from within the Receipt Bank mobile app!
7.You can check the status of the requested items within the outstanding report in the web app. A grey icon shows that a request has been sent to your client’s mobile app, while a red icon shows that your client has dismissed the requested item.
- The ‘Outstanding Paperwork’ feature is currently available only for accounts integrated with Xero and Sage.
- If an item is still in processing, it will be shown as missing in the ‘Outstanding Paperwork’ report.
- The metric updates once a day with the initial log-in and considers all bank items going back 6 months, for all client bank accounts within their respective Xero or Sage account.